Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not Quite What I Had Planned!

Towards the end of October, 2010, Bob and I headed back to the states for the birth of our first grandchild (see previous post), and then to spend the holidays with our family. What we didn't know was that I was going to end up getting sick right before Christmas and would require a total Hysterectomy. I had surgery on Saturday, the 22 and am on my way to a full recovery. Praise God, they found no Cancer, and the doctor has said that I should have no further complications. I have six weeks of recovery and then I should be released to fly back to Ireland. I am very thankful that God had us in the states when all this happened. I would not have wanted to have this done in Ireland. I was very fortunate to be able to recuperate at my parents house, especially since we felt that Bob needed to return to Ireland to continue the work there during these six weeks. Besides that, things always seem better with my "mommy" to take care of me.

I wish I could say that I didn't get frustrated during this process, but I must admit, I was a bit confused at why this was happening. I realize now that God's timing was perfect ~ as always!

Lord willing I will be back in Ireland the first of March. I really miss all my Irish friends and are looking forward to getting back to the work there. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying my time here with the girls and of course the baby, but Ireland is where I belong :o)

No comments: